Me at 35 wks 5 days along...only 2 days before Owen was born.
The story of how Owen came to be with our little family. A year and a half ago, as many of you know I lost my Mom, however, some did not know the I had a miscarriage that same weekend and a D&C the morning after I found out my mom had passed away. Donovan and I thought we were done having kids. After 4 miscarriages, death of my Mom we were happy with our 3 beautiful girls, my health and our little family. The girls were all at ages were they could walk, talk and be independent. We were happy.
The Lord had a completely different idea for Donovan and I. In February 2011 I found out I was expecting. This was a miracle. I was planning for another miscarriage and thought because of some complications at the beginning this pregnancy would end the same...resulting in a D&C. I made it to 16 wks, everything looked good, had a couple ultrasounds and baby was growing just fine. With the support of my amazing husband I made it to 16 weeks. I was always worried I would have a miscarriage. I also didn't want to find out if we were having a boy or a girl...Donovan did. We were happy with a boy or a girl. So at my 16 week appointment/ultrasound we went in, I had planned not to find out. The tech asked if we wanted to know...I looked at Donovan and could tell he REALLY wanted to find out. So I told the tech "yes". She put the Doppler right on my belly and there 'HE' was. Could tell right away he was a boy. Donovan was sooo shocked that he asked the tech to show him again cause he wasn't sure he heard her right. Sure enough we were expecting a little Donovan! We were so excited and nervous at the same time. We have 3 girls, we know girls. What do we do with a boy?
As my pregnancy went on, I was on and off bed rest. Preterm labor around 32 weeks and they gave me pills to take. Then pre-eclampsia symptoms. In the last month I gained 25lbs of water. This along with high blood pressure, protein in my urine and the weight gain my doctor decided to induce me at 36 weeks. A full month before Owen was due.








No comments:
Post a Comment