In my last post I commented on the nasty, yucky and many other ugly words for an inversion...
Today my post will be a little more uplifting and hopefully I can get across the beauty that I see from this...
One of my favorite times in the winter (this happens more in Alaska) is the frost that forms on the trees and all the vegetation around . This is one of the prettiest scenes of nature, others for me are fall leaves, summer storms and many more. I really enjoy these changes and I am amazed at how the Lord presents them to us. For me an Inversion is ugly, however when you wake up on a frigged cold morning of 10 degrees and look at the trees covered with pure white frost...it is just beyond words. All I have to say is that I am truly blessed to live in a state or even this country where I can witness these remarkable acts of nature. In my mind there is no more ugly and all is pretty again! I guess it is just the way we perceive things. I know that I need to get better at this. The Lord works in mysterious ways.
frost
| (frôst) A deposit of tiny, white ice crystals on a surface. Frost forms through sublimation, when water vapor in the air condenses at a temperature below freezing. It gets its white color from tiny air bubbles trapped in the ice crystals. |
Also called hoarfrost. a covering of minute ice needles, formed from the atmosphere at night upon the ground and exposed objects when they have cooled by radiation below the dew point, and when the dew point is below the freezing point.







3 comments:
Those are BEAUTIFUL pictures. Someday my trees might be big enough to get pictures like that!
I was in awe this morning too. The world looked so pretty all covered in a delicate icy blanket. Too bad it has to be so cold for that to happen, but it almost makes it worth it.
The trees were gorgeous today. I wish I hadn't been so rushed to get to church so I could enjoy them a little more.
Post a Comment