Monday, May 11, 2009

Birds Falling, Girls Bawling and Mom and Dad Laughing...


Funniest thing happened the other night. We have had birds make their nests in the eves of our house the past couple of springs. Well this spring has been no different except one thing...the mama bird didn't put the nest in the ever very well. The other day I was watering my front flower bed only to find a chick had fallen from the nest. So I picked it up, rapped it and went to show the girls. They started crying when I tried to feed it to our cats. I needed to do something since it was dying. Girls are bawling and Donovan and a friend of ours was just laughing and trying to figure out what was the need for the tears. Over the next hour 3 more fell from the sky, the girls cried harder and at this point Ashlynn started wondering why Ember and Kenzie were in hysterics. So I told them they could make a nest and if they were alive in the morning we could find a way to feed and take care of them. Well the next morning came and Ember and Kenzie went to check on them...as you probably guessed, the chicks were dead. They girls were actually OK with it because we made them a little nest and it was like they were home. So that made for an interesting night and some cool pictures.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: