My centerpiece...with the help of Jeri's tree limbs, and lovely blue camping kettle!

This was one of my favorite Relief Society get togethers! We had a Birthday Party celebrating the early sisters of the church and the forming of the Relief Society. My birthday is in August, so Jeri and I came up with the idea of a 'camping' theme. It was great, I pulled out all my favorite camping things and some of Donovans in order to get the perfect centerpeice. It turned out so very cute!
Jami did such an amazing job! I thought that it was such a great idea about each sister telling how they got their name. It was interesting to see how many didn't have middle names. There were funny stories and it was just a great way to remember the new faces with the meanings behind their names.
Just a little thing about me that I shared was: how I got my name...ok, so ultrasound machines were not the best 31 years ago. So after the ultrasound my moms doctor said that I was going to be a boy. The heartbeat and how she was carrying showed everything boy. Well, even in delivery the doctor was still saying she would be having a boy. So my mom and dad decided to name me Joshua Slade...well the Lord had other plans for my parents. I came out ME! So, right then and their they had to change my name...and THAT IS HOW I BECAME JENNIFER LEIGH!
Jami did such an amazing job! I thought that it was such a great idea about each sister telling how they got their name. It was interesting to see how many didn't have middle names. There were funny stories and it was just a great way to remember the new faces with the meanings behind their names.
Just a little thing about me that I shared was: how I got my name...ok, so ultrasound machines were not the best 31 years ago. So after the ultrasound my moms doctor said that I was going to be a boy. The heartbeat and how she was carrying showed everything boy. Well, even in delivery the doctor was still saying she would be having a boy. So my mom and dad decided to name me Joshua Slade...well the Lord had other plans for my parents. I came out ME! So, right then and their they had to change my name...and THAT IS HOW I BECAME JENNIFER LEIGH!







No comments:
Post a Comment