Donovan and the girls REALLY wanted to go for a hike this last Saturday. I wasn't feeling very well so I told Donovan to just take the girls up Dimond Fork Canyon to the Hot Pots and I would stay home and straighten the house. Donovan insisted that it was a short hike to the Hot Pots (only a mile) and that I should come. I said no, and waved goodbye to my Girls and Husband. This was around luch time. I am calling and calling Donovan's cell phone about 6 o'clock wondering where he and the girls are. Well no answer, as a mother when you know that your family is up in the mountains and looking around seeing thunderstorms heading right were they are you start to worry. I know Donovan is very experienced (to a point). I wasn't too worried until it was almost 8pm and still had not heard from them. I knew at this point it was past dinner time, Donovan DIDN'T pack any snacks and they would probably be hungry. I finally got through a little after 8pm and they were headed down the mountain back to the truck. Donovan then told me that it probably was a good thing that I had stayed behind because instead of being 1 mile it ended up being 2! So their total trip was 4 miles! I am sad I missed the fun they had, however with feeling the way I did I am grateful I stayed home! I'm glad you had a fun trip, I love you!

1 comment:
Your blog is so cute!
Post a Comment