
The Snake!

The Girls waiting to let the snake go.

Ember was eager to get her hands on the snake and hold it.

Good-bye Snake!
I have been wanting to catch a snake for my girls since they started coming out from under our house back in April. Well, I finally found one and was able to actually grab it before it slithered back through the hole under our side door. Yes, I have snakes come out right where we walk out our side door. Sometimes it isn't very fun trying to watch your step, I think the most we have had just right there were 7. That was a little unnerving. However, now I am used to them and have really been excited to catch one. I thought it would be fun to keep and just show the girls a little responsibility in taking care of an animal. I found however that I am not one that likes animals kept in small places. I felt so bad for the snake that after a few hours of torment in the cage I had Donovan take the snake to our field and had the girls let it go. They were bummed, but they really liked that they were able to hold it and let it go themselves. Here are some pictures from that great day. When we get a bigger cage I think it will be a little easier for me to actually keep one for the family. Until then, this snake is lucky to be out in the big world.
No comments:
Post a Comment