Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Ashlynn's Visit to the Allergy Specialist...









After 4 years of break outs, flare-ups and really bad eczema and finally having insurance I took Ashlynn to the Allergy Specialist. I am so proud of her. She was such a big girl! We sat there talking with the doc, she got 16 pricks all of them with no reaction where the prick sites were on her back...except for a little reaction to dog. Eventhough the reaction on her back was not there her eczema flared up even worse. So when the doc saw that he was really interested. Ashlynn had to have blood work done as one last thing. This will tell us how much histamine is in her system. Because of the reactions she has to milk and the reaction she had there at the office he prescribed her a epipen jr. So we will be avoiding milk, soy and peanut products from now on. The doc said that you never know when one allergic reaction could be the one you have to use the epipen on. I am hoping I will never have to use one on her. So they pricked her...Ashlynn's response...ow...ow...ow...tickles...ow...tickles...ow...ow. With this she had the nurse and I laughing. I told her that while she was going through this a mom should not be laughing but how could I not with the way she said ow. The nurse said the same thing...ow. They also drew blood and she was such a trooper. She sat in my lap, the nurses preped her and she just sat watching...didn't move, cry, say it hurt, she was a brave big girl! I couldn't be more proud!

She even got to pick out of the treasure box and she chose the teddy bear that had the same color bandage she had around her arm! She loves it. Says it's her best bear!

Next week is mommy's turn...will she be as brave? To be continued next week...

No comments: