Thursday, January 20, 2011

My Dad Had a Heart Attack This Morning...

My Dad and my niece.

My Dad and Janet

My Dad and the Dumb Puppies

MY DAD!!!


If today hasn't been hard enough, I received a call that I wasn't planning on today. My Dad's wife Janet called to let me know that my Dad had a heart attack this morning. Had open heart surgery, they were able to remove the blockage and he is in the ICU recovering. I haven't been able to get in touch with Janet since she left the voicemail so this is all I know at the moment.

I feel so bad right now...me being in the slump that I am because of my Mom's Birthday (taking it pretty hard) I have had a nasty sinus headache and I don't like answering the phone. I wish I had...my Dad tried calling me last night and then today Janet. Me being the way I am didn't answer. I sure wish I had. I would have been able to talk to him, at least before this. Anyway, I guess what I am trying to say is answer if some one calls. You never know what might happen.

2 comments:

Shanna said...

Friend I am thinking about you! I will put him in our prayers. Don't beat yourself up we all have our days when we can only handle what is on our plates. I miss you tons.. Keep smiling you can do it.
Love you tons

Jenn Allphin said...

Thank you Shanna! Love you lots too my Friend! Missing you, sure wish you could come for a visit.