Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Grantsville, Ophir, Mercur Adventure...

I want apologize now before you begin scrolling...today we went out to several different places and got a ton of pictures...so this blog there is a lot to look at...SORRY!
Grantsville reservoir area...needed 4 wheel drive and still people were getting stuck!

This is one of the lucky ones we saw and decided to help pull out...I know you were thinking it was us!

This guy was stuck up to his axle with snow just packed up underneath! He had to be going down the hill at about 25mph trying to get through the deep snow...didn't work for him!

Donovan getting ready to help...it was sooo cold out there!

Ashlynn wanted to get involved in all the action...

So did Kenzie!

Wait we are missing one...Ember...she was smart..she stayed in the truck! So freezing!

My two little ice bunnies (not snow any longer, too cold)!

So the truck was a little heavier then our Land Cruiser, so this guy offered to help and pulled him right out (he had already pulled out 2 other vehicles)!

And they are out!

My favorite part of the day...ok one of my favorites! These Elk were just amazing!
They stayed for awhile and I was able to get tons of pictures. Their racks were just to shoot for...the trophies people go on hunts for!

Eating some sagebrush!

Magnificent Creatures!




I had to take this picture. The city of Ophir was just hammered with snow. When we drove through it they were still trying to dig out from this weeks storms! I love how this truck like many others where just buried in snow!

An old mine chute in Ophir.

Welcome to Ophir!

One of the many snow covered roads we drove up...this was taken on the way back down!

It was so pretty out in the West Desert!

Daddy laughing at Ember goofing off!

A snow covered road that we went up...there were deer up there...you can barely see them in this picture. All over the snow were animal tracks from deer, rabbits, elk, mice, and even coyotes!

You can see some of the animal tracks here in the snow.

Parked the Land Cruiser and headed for a little hike in the freezing cold to see a mine.

Driving another snow covered road.

Kenzie ready for the hike.

Posing! Oh, look we found our missing puzzle piece Ember! She didn't last long...running back to the truck freezing...and Kenzie wasn't too far behind her! Kenzie ran because she thought she saw a coyote!

Wait for me, Ashlynn says!

Up the mountain they go!

My favorite picture! I love it!!! A great end to a great family trip!
Well as the pictures showed, we had a great trip...what a great way to kick of the New Year! We went out towards Grantsville and found a couple roads we decided to take. The one we were going to go up originally decided not to take after this Ford F250 got stuck coming down!
After helping them get out we headed out towards Ophir and on the way there saw the most beautiful pair of Bull Elk! High light of my day! I love seeing wild animals on our drives and for our family we make it a game at who can see what first! We stayed and I took tons of pictures...however, we were parked on the side of the highway and thought that we should probably head off to Ophir. Once we arrived in Ophir, we realized that they had a lot of snow...so much they were still plowing driveways and trails when we drove through today. Donovan found a road between Ophir and Mercur and took that over. It was a lot of fun and the sun, snow, animals were just gorgeous to look at. I don't know how many snow covered trails we drove on today, all I can say is it was a lot and I am SO glad we didn't get stuck!
We ended our day in Mercur with a little hike. Ember got out and the whole family went up the mountain...I got cold first and headed back to the truck. Ember soon came (running) back cold, Kenzie close behind her running as well...thought she saw a coyote (a little black bunny). Ashlynn and Daddy hiked up to the mine entrance and headed back to the truck because they didn't have a flashlight or they would have explored! By the time Ashlynn got to the truck she was a frozen icicle! Then home we drove.
Happy New Year to all my wonderful Family and Friends. May this year be better then last!

No comments: