Friday, May 16, 2008

A Great Mother's Day...


I just wanted to post on my blog that I had a wonderful Mother's Day! It was the perfect day. To start as I'm getting ready for church and rolls in order for my calling, my wonderful family was putting together a goody basket full of great gifts! When I opened the door the green basket (left over from Easter) was sitting on the step. Daddy had cued the girls and they started singing "I love to go walking through meadows of clover, and I gather armful of blossoms of blue. I gather blossoms the whole meadow over, Dear Mother all blossoms remind me of you." It was so sweet! I had tears. This is what Mother's Day is all about! What an awesome gift. I truly love being a Mom. Donovan was so thoughtful, he bought me a really nice spice rack, Ember picked out 'The Host' by Stephanie Meyer, Kenzie (loving the sweets like she does) bought me chocolate caramel candies. Yummy! Last but not least, My Sweet Ashlynn picked out a back massager for me (how did she know I needed that).

I was a little ditsy today, every year for Mother's Day and Father's Day we as a family go for a hike somewhere. Well this year was no different. However me, not thinking went to church, Donovan gets a call to show a house. I think "Okay, we are going to Mona, there is nothing for the family really to do." You guessed it, I did NOT bring my camera on the trip! AUGH!!! We went and hiked around the ponds down there, the girls were cute and there were so many birds! There were yellow necked black birds, red-winged black birds, cranes (all types) ducks, there were probably 15 different species. It was awe inspiring and me without the camera. Oh-well...there are many more trip like that.

I just have to let everyone know I have the greatest family. I love you! Thank you for the best Mother's Day!

No comments: