






Friday was quite hectic. I got up really early to get the girls ready for their dance recitals. So onto hair and make-up! Kenzie had the opportunity to dance for a local Old Folks home. This was her first performance in front of a crowd. We were a little scared since she is very shy and not wanting to get up in front of people. She knew her dance inside and out at home and the studio...with an audience it is a little different. We had to arrive at 11:45 am and she would perform at 12:20 pm. Once arriving we split up into the little dance groups. Grandpa Allphin was able to attend, which was great! Thank you so much for coming that meant a lot to Kenzie! Kenzie did awesome for her first performance. She was great, she was born to dance and be in front of a crowd!
Next we had just enough time to stop by McDonald's and rush home to change Ember into costume. After changing we rushed up to the Festival of Trees. Yes, that is where Ember was able to dance. It was so great for her. She is such the performer! We had to be up there at 3:00pm and Ember danced at 4:10 pm. She did great! Ember is really turning into a beautiful dancer. Being here at her new dance company she has really blossomed. Her Ballet teacher is great! Good Job Ember!
Once we were done with dance we headed over to view the trees. Ember was blessed not only to have danced in the Festival of Trees she also had a tree in the Festival. For her Activity Days group they were able to make a tree for the Festival, thanks to Jen Stemmons. The tree turned out absolutely gorgeous! I have a couple of pictures of the tree with Ember. I am so glad that she had that opportunity to participate in such a great fund raiser for Primary Children's Hospital.
Thank you Jen, the tree turned out so cute!







1 comment:
I remember how crazy life was when Ashlee and Derek were in Center Stage (a singing and dancing group). We had so many Christmas performances and then again in May. It was fun, but I think I'm liking gymnastics....no performances because I haven't let her join "team" yet.
Post a Comment